Teriyaki Chicken is a healthier alternative to fried chicken and has tons of flavor. You can serve it over rice, noodles, or even eat it plain with some vegetables on the side.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, and ginger. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Remove chicken from marinade, and place in a single layer in skillet. Cook until browned on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.