These muffins are really easy to make and are only 116 calories each! I used pastry flour as a base, sweetened them with brown sugar and chocolate, and kept them moist with a mix of coconut oil and applesauce. SEE? Not so bad. Little muffins like this are the best because they’re great grab-and-go snacks, and they freeze incredibly for later. I like to throw a little extra sugar on top before baking to give them a little added crunch.
What do you need to Make it?
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, measured in solid form and then melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
How to Make this Recipe?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and brown sugar until smooth. Add the melted coconut oil, milk, applesauce, vanilla, and whisk until combined. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, making sure not to overmix! Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the muffin batter into each muffin tin hole—Bake for about 10 minutes, or until tops are set.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Each muffin contains 116 calories and 2g of protein.Print