- 1 package of Pilsbury Grands Biscuits (8 biscuits total)
- 2 tablespoons of rich, creamy butter
- 1 small package of frozen mixed vegetables (an assortment of carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- 2 plump chicken breasts, fully cooked and finely shredded
- 1-2 cups of flavorful chicken broth (adjust based on your personal preference)
- 1 regular size can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- Salt and pepper, adjusted according to taste
Step 1: Begin by preheating your oven to a hot 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure optimal cooking conditions for your bake.
Step 2: Over medium heat, melt the butter in a spacious sauce pan. Proceed to add the mixed vegetables and sauté them until they’re perfectly tender. This process should take approximately 5-7 minutes. Season the vegetable mix with salt and pepper according to your taste preference.
Step 3: Following this, whisk in the chicken broth and Cream of Chicken Soup into the pan. Allow this sauce to simmer for a minute to achieve a thick, flavorful consistency. Taste test and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Step 4: Turn off the heat, and stir in the shredded chicken. Ensure that the filling is well-incorporated. If the mixture seems too thick, feel free to add additional chicken broth to attain the desired consistency.
Step 5: On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, bake the biscuits. However, do not fully cook them. Allow them to pre-bake for half the time indicated on the biscuit package. Then, remove the half-baked biscuits from the oven.
Step 6: Transfer the filling into a buttered 13×9-inch baking dish. Arrange the partially baked biscuits over the top of the filling, turning them over to ensure even baking. Bake the pot pie for an additional 10 minutes, or until the biscuits have achieved a golden brown hue and the filling is bubbly and hot.
Step 7: Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. This allows the filling to settle and makes the dish easier to serve.