- 4 fresh, husked corn cobs
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of vegan-friendly mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of authentic sour cream or traditional Mexican crema
- 1 ½ teaspoon of fiery Cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon of aromatic smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ cup of crumbled feta or traditional cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon of zesty lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of spicy chipotle or chili powder (optional)
Start by preparing the flavorsome oil-spice blend. Combine the extra virgin olive oil, half of the Cajun seasoning, half of the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper to taste in a small bowl. Whisk these together until well blended.
Take each ear of corn and place it on a square of aluminum foil. Lavishly brush each cob with the oil-spice blend, ensuring all sides are covered. Once each cob is coated, wrap it in the foil, creating a small packet.
Preheat your oven to a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Once heated, place your corn packets in the oven, allowing them to roast for around 30 minutes. If you prefer your corn with a softer bite, after the initial 30 minutes, apply an extra coat of the oil-spice blend and extend the roasting time by another 20-25 minutes.
While your corn is undergoing its aromatic transformation in the oven, begin creating the luscious mayo-cream sauce. Combine the vegan mayonnaise, sour cream (or Mexican crema), the remaining Cajun seasoning and smoked paprika, zesty lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Mix until all elements are perfectly amalgamated.
After the corn is roasted to your liking, remove it from the oven. Allow the cobs to cool slightly before giving them an optional final coating of the oil-spice blend. Then, proceed to brush the mouthwatering mayo-cream sauce over the entirety of each cob.
If you wish for an additional layer of smoky flavor, a grill pan can prove useful. Lightly grease the pan and transfer the mayo-sauce slathered corn cobs to it. Allow each side to grill just enough to char slightly, but remember not to overdo it!
The final step involves a topping of either crumbled feta or cotija cheese, sprinkling of chopped fresh cilantro, and a final dash of Cajun spice.
Serve the Cajun Corn on the Cob hot and savor every flavorful bite. Enjoy!