- 2-3 pounds of premium ground hamburger (alternatively, ground turkey)
- 1 fresh head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups celery, finely diced
- 2 cups of either white or yellow onions, diced
- 1 verdant green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 5-6 cups of rich beef broth
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) of diced tomatoes infused with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of sweet basil
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, for that subtle kick
- A dusting of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt (consider this optional)
Instructions to Craft This Hearty Delight
Begin by browning your chosen ground meat, letting it sizzle to perfection before introducing it to the crock pot.
Then, a symphony of ingredients is to be added. Combine all the prepared vegetables, the fragrant minced garlic, and the aromatic spices into the crock pot, giving a thorough stir to mingle the flavors.
Now, for the transformation: cook the mixture on high for 5-6 hours. If you prefer a slower cook, consider the low setting for about 6-8 hours. Both methods will allow the flavors to meld, infusing every bite with hearty warmth and satisfying depth.
Your comforting bowl of hamburger cabbage soup is ready. Enjoy the mouth-watering symphony of flavors, designed to comfort and delight.